You may have heard through the news or media that flotation therapy is one of the hottest wellness trends on the market today. Athletes, celebrities and influencers from all over the world have spread the word about why they love to float and how it has benefited their lives. In recent years with its gaining popularity, the term “floating” has almost become common place and we’re seeing its effects with new spas and businesses offering this modality all over the country. So what is this thing that everyone is talking about and why should you try it out? Here are our top 5 reasons why you should try out Flotation Therapy today.
1. Stress Killer – We’ve all heard the talk about how stress is a major contributing factor to a rapid decline in health and our overall longevity but how many of us are actually taking steps to reduce our daily stress? We now live in a world where technology surrounds us so much it’s almost impossible to get away from some kind of stimulus. Our brains and physical bodies aren’t designed to stare at screens for hours at a time. To reduce daily stress, it’s crucial to find a quiet space to tap into your piece of mind and Floating is a great way to achieve this.
2. Deep Sleep – Even when we close our eyes at night to let our body rest, our unconscious mind is still active. Often times we wake up the next morning and don’t feel fully renewed from our sleep the night before. When you come to float, the waves your brain emits begin to slow down either to the Alpha, Theta or Delta state. The Theta state is where our mind projects colors, shapes and memories into dreams. The Delta state is an experience of deep mental rest, where there is no memory of dreams. Since Flotation Therapy aims to create a stimulus free environment, your brain has an opportunity to slow down its active state and restore health to your body.
3. Less Pain, More Gain – No one wants to be in pain yet so many of us are either through past injury, inflammation or a chronic disease. Flotation can help to reduce your pain in just one single float! With almost 30% salt content in the water, our bodies float on top just like a cork. This provides an incredibly decreased pressure on your spine, muscles and joints all over the body. Think about it. Every day, you are subject to the law of gravity. Everywhere you go, gravity pushes down on your body. When you float, all that pressure is relieved and your body has an opportunity to fully relax. Who wouldn’t want that!?
4. Detoxification – Enter the magical Magnesium Sulfate aka Epsom salts. It’s like the secret ingredient in your grandma’s recipes that just makes everything turn out better. Besides being more relaxed post float, having less pain, reducing stress and giving your body the best hour of sleep; why not add a little detoxification to the mix? Yes that’s right, floating will help you detox! We all our subject to collecting unnecessary yucky toxins in our bodies and floating will help get those right out of you! It’s normal to feel a little sleepy sometimes after you float. All it means is that you’ve had a good old detox!
5. Clear Thinking – After reading the first four reasons on why you should try out floating, this one should seem obvious! When you experience all the above listed benefits of floating, it’s a no-brainer that your brain will think more clearly. Our mind can get foggy when we aren’t taking the best care of ourselves and the easiest way to reverse this effect is to get some REST!
So after all of that…have we convinced you?! Flotation Therapy may be something you just heard of but this practice goes far back in our history of self care and wellness practices. The more time we take to care of ourselves, the happier and healthier we’ll be. Take the leap and float TODAY!
The post Float NOW: The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Try Floating Today appeared first on True REST Float Spa.