Dr. Dan takes us through his epic journey of self discovery ranging from his time as a clinical psychiatrist, to the rainforests of Peru to discover and research sacred medicine, to encountering deep depression. He re-lives his journey in vivid detail and introduces Floating as a safe alternative to other clinical therapies.
Time Stamped Bullet Points:
- 00:43 – Dr. Dan and his post float glow.
- 01:27 – Floating is an inherent yes.
- 02:32 – Dr. Dan describes the float he just experienced.
- 04:05 – The float is a reflection of how active and on the go Dr. Dan has been lately.
- 05:18 – What does Dan get out of a float, from float to float.
- 06:28 – How does Dr. Dan normally relax, what are other tools his uses.
- 07:50 – Dan expands more about his float and riding the column of energy.
- 08:35 – The re-birthing experience and tranquility.
- 09:55 – Nick discuss the future of floating as a technology.
- 11:22 – The pod is a laboratory to come back into re-created self and talks about the two way intercom for hypnotherapy sessions.
- 13:08 – Emotional trauma re-engagement explained.
- 14:45 – Floating can bring people back to a greater sense of oneness.
- 14:58 – Nick talks about injured marine and how floating helped with pain and PTSD.
- 16:10 – After 6 floats pain relief was extreme with no pain in pod during float. Nick talks about loading period with pain relief.
- 17:38 – One 90 minute float eliminated withdrawn symptoms.
- 18:18 – Dr. Dan explains sympathetic overdrive with PTSD.
- 19:00 – Dan talks about ceremony with psychedelic medicine.
- 20:40 – Why does mother-nature have a negative stigma with medicine based treatments.
- 23:00 – Ceremony makes you face your s**t.
- 23:55 – Psychedelics are an integrating experience while drugs are a disintegrating experience.
- 26:00 – The mystical experience is difficult to describe.
- 27:38 – Meditation is like the Float Pod, it just goes with everything.
- 29:48 – Dr. Dan talks about going too far with ceremonies without integration and entering into a depression state.
- 31:18 – Psychiatry and Tree of Life; Medical Director.
- 32:15 – Going deep with Ayahuasca
- 35:40 – Recommendation for those with behavioral addiction
- 36:35 – 40 ceremonies in 60 days. Drinking from the fire hose of mania leading to depression.
- 39:45 – Dr. Dan talks about upgrading to a new cosmic operating system.
- 41:20 – Living in a tent at Grace Grove.
- 43:10 – Re-framing situations as a choice.
- 44:50 – Staying on the path and cultivation of faith.
- 46:10 – Can depression and mania be cured?
- 46:40 – How does a Mom of three deal with depression? Medication is reasonable, but for a specific period of time.
- 49:46 – Their is no downside to floating. Try it!
- 50:35 – Do your research on psychedelics. Many have 83% cure rate and are beginning stage three trials.
- 52:38 – The government doesn’t mind if you are on drugs, they just want you on their drugs.
- Do what works for you to relax. Try floating, meditation, grounding, swimming or being with nature.
- The Float Pod can step people into a traumatic event, in a safe environment, to re-approximate and re-frame trauma.
- Floating is a tremendous tool for emotional and physical pain relief.
- Having an incredible vocabulary allows you to better communicate your message. Learn new words everyday.
- Have a support system and a safety net.
- Re-frame problems and opportunities as a choice.
- Try floating, their is no downside.
http://treeoflifecenterus.com/ – The Tree of Life center mentioned by Dr. Dan
http://www.rpinstitute.com/ – The Grace Grove “AKA” RP Institute center for healing and rejuvenation.
www.jackkornfield.com – First Enlightenment and then the Laundry
www.erowid.com – Resource for psychedelics, drugs, and plant based medicine research.
www.TrueRESTFranchising.com – The fastest growing flotation therapy franchisor in the world.
www.FloatPod.com – Manufacturer and distributor of commercial Float Pods. Making custom filter configurations based on your needs.