Ronee Kipnes sheds her light on floating, sound healing, and everything inbetween. Ronee is the owner and co-creator of ANAHATA Yoga, a modern day sanctuary for sound healing. ANAHATA was born from the need for a spiritually based yogic practice with a strong emphasis on healing through sound. Since opening almost a year and a half ago, Ronee has accumulated enough crystal singing bowls for her studio to be officially recognized as a temple. Ronee graduated Kundalini Yoga Teacher training in 2008 at Yoga Phoenix after falling wildly in love with the practice, which catalyzed her journey towards her very own studio. Kundalini Yoga, crystal bowls, mantra, and gongs have had a profound impact on her life and have opened her heart to the idea of sharing the practice with as many individuals as possible.
Time Stamped Bullet Points:
- 1:07 – Ronee describes her first float, within 3 minutes she was able to become profoundly relaxed.
- 2:58 – Nick and Ronee discuss how they incorporate their personal practices, including floating, meditation, and yoga, into their entrepreneurial journeys.
- 4:44 – Ronee recounts feeling more weightless in the pod than in any other environment.
- 5:25 – Nick introduces the concept of “Calm Energy”.
- 5:48 – Ronee discusses when and how she discovered Kundalini yoga and sound healing.
- 6:50 – Ronee’s studio, Anahata Yogi, has enough crystal singing bowls to be considered a temple.
- 7:00 – A few of Ronee’s bowls create a binaural sound effect using a single bowl, which typically requires at least two bowls.
- 8:20 – Ronee and Nick discuss the root of disease, and how sound healing can be integrated into the float experience to return the body to a state of balance.
- 9:58 – Ronee gives recommendations for those brand new to sound healing.
- 10:39 – Thoughts arising aren’t necessarily a bad thing, the clearing process is different for everyone. Connecting to the breath is important.
- 12:07 – Nick and Ronee discuss claustrophobia in the pod, and how quickly it dissipates.
- 12:51 – A discussion about specific sound healing integration techniques for inside the float pod.
- 14:20 – Ronee gives insights into how to learn more about sound healing, and how she uses sound healing to enhance the experience of those practicing at Anahata.
- 16:22 – Everyone can benefit from sound healing, and all experience it differently.
- 17:11 – Nick and Ronee discuss how feeling is integral to the float and sound healing experience.
- 17:55 – Ronee discusses her relationship with Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center and the Mayo Clinic, using sound healing as a supplemental therapy.
- 18:55 – Ronee introduces the Seva project, allowing patients to experience sound healing for free.
- 19:19 – One final word of wisdom from Ronee.
1) Floating induces profound relaxation, even in those with established meditation and yoga practices
2) Sound healing works with the frequencies of the body to restore balance and allow the body to heal itself
3) To truly experience the miraculous benefits of floating and sound healing, just try it! Everyone can benefit from these beautiful, complementary modalities
Anahata Yoga Studio: http://ana-ha-ta.com/
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.