We’ve finally made it to the holidays after what’s felt like the longest year in history. And while this season is always filled with joy, it comes with its fair share of stress, especially during a global pandemic.
The holidays often present a dizzying array of demands – shopping, wrapping gifts, cooking meals, baking, cleaning, entertaining, and the list goes on. A 2019 study showed that 65% of Americans reported feeling extreme stress around the holidays. Coupled with a global pandemic, the typical seasonal stress we usually experience is increasing tenfold. The annual traditions we’re accustomed to participating in have taken a backseat in the wake of social distancing and ensuring our communities and families are safe.
That’s why now more than ever, it’s important we take time to allow our minds and bodies to reset, recharge and renew. The pandemic is something that millions of us are experiencing for the first time in our lives, and so our reactions, fatigue, and stress are in abundance. We certainly feel grief during this period for not being able to engage with society in the usual ways we’re used to. But within that, it’s essential to think positively, too. While it might be challenging to find the good in such a chaotic year, especially since it ties in with guilt for focusing on positive things, we need to be the best versions of ourselves and focus on moments of happiness. The result of doing so means we open ourselves up to being creative, productive, and developing better coping mechanisms to deal with the trauma of the pandemic.
Here at True REST Float Spa, we care about your mental and physical health. We want you to enjoy the holiday season and let go of any stress you may be feeling. Here are a few of our best tips to help you manage seasonal stress and truly enjoy the holiday season!
- Plan ahead. Set aside specific days and times to handle your holiday-related to-do list. Make sure you also include time in your day for connecting with friends and family, even if it’s over the phone, through FaceTime or Zoom.
- Learn to say no. It can be easy to feel overwhelmed during the holiday season; however, friends and family will understand if you cannot participate in every activity. It’s important to know your limits and take time out of your day for some self-care.
- Maintain healthy habits. It’s critical to take care of yourself. Be sure to stay hydrated and eat healthy foods so that you can fully enjoy those Christmas cookies! Plan some time to be active, even if that means going for a short walk to clear your mind. We also recommend mindful meditation and breathing to center yourself.
- Find moments of joy. This year seems to have taken a lot away from us, but it’s essential to focus on the positives. We often think of positive things as grandiose gestures or experiences but finding joy in the small stuff matters. Spending time with your pet, the smell of homemade food, discovering new music or movies are all small but significant moments that bring us happiness.
- Make time for self-care. Self-care is not a luxury – it’s a necessity. Being at your personal best enables you to be more present in other areas of your life, as a parent, sibling, friend, employee, and so on. Thankfully, you can rely on a 60-minute float therapy session at True REST Float Spa to find the renewal you need both mentally and physically.
Of course, it can be difficult in our current climate to find ways to relax and turn off our brains. The reduction of eternal stimuli found in flotation therapy profoundly impacts your health and wellness even after just one session. Even more so, floating in a pod combined with our tips to help you manage stress is a great way to alleviate the tension, decompress and experience some much-needed reprieve from the hectic year we’ve had so far.
Flotation therapy consists of floating in a pod filled with Epsom salts and water, creating a buoyant specialized solution. The body floats atop the water, inducing a weightless sensation because of the lack of gravity. This alleviates tension in the body, which in turn affects the mind. The pod can be open or closed, but there’s a more profound sense of relaxation due to the sensory deprivation component when it’s shut. Shutting out sources of distraction and stress means your brain stops allocating its resources to processing sensory triggers and focuses on winding down for the ultimate experience of rest and rejuvenation.
The benefits of float therapy include:
- Decreased stress/anxiety
- Better sleep
- Improved focus and creativity
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased blood circulation
- Relief from chronic pain
- And more!
This year you can also give the gift of peace and weightless relaxation with 60-minutes of no distractions. Right now, we are a FREE float gift card for every gift card purchased this holiday season. Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity to support your loved ones’ health and wellness while also taking time for yourself after a tough year! Visit https://www.truerest.com/holiday/ to take advantage of this fantastic limited time offer.
Take care this holiday season. We hope to see you soon.
The post It’s the most wonderful – and stressful – time of the year! appeared first on True REST Float Spa.